When I first discovered chocolate tea it blew my mind how delicious and chocolatey it was. I was expecting some sort of gross black-tea with a chocolate flavour or a bitter cocoa flavoured drink, but it was nothing like that. It tasted exactly like chocolate! Yum! Now here’s the best bit – chocolate tea has no calories, no caffeine, no dairy and no sugar. So basically it’s an excuse for chocoholics like me to indulge all day long, right?!
RicoCoco’s is an Australian Company that sell organic and 100% natural chocolate tea online (http://www.chocolatetea.com.au/store/c1/Featured_Products.html). Their chocolate tea is brewed from cocoa husks (the shell of the cocoa bean). It is vegan, gluten free, high in fibre, high in antioxidants, and magnesium and boasts all the benefits that chocolate has including:
- Slows the signs of aging
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Helps control blood sugar
- Reduces the risk of diabetes
- Rich of vital vitamins and minerals
- Increases blood flow to the brain and heart
- Contains anti-depressant agents
- Prevents heart diseases
- Contains antioxidants that can protect your cells
- Lowers your cholesterol levels
- Improves your mood
- Reduces your stress
What does this mean?
- You can lose weight while having chocolate!
- You can indulge your chocolate sweet tooth more often without adding on extra kgs
- Add a splash of milk to make a delicious hot chocolate that’s a lot healthier
- You can flavour your chocolate tea with some vanilla or peppermint or whatever your desired chocolate flavour
- You can make iced chocolate tea (instructions on the chocolatetea website)
This one is a winner and if you’re a chocoholic, like me, then it is a must have!